Sunday, February 11, 2007

Practical Painting

Yes, I am painting AGAIN! Amber and Ella are babysitting Amber's friend's three kids while they are on a cruise, so I am taking advantage of Ella being gone to paint her room. Saturday I emptied the room as much as possible; then painted the closet and one coat of the blue section. Amber wanted to do three sections of color. Blue on the bottom, a wide red stripe in the middle and yellow on top. The curtain material she picked has primary colored dots on a off-white background. It will be very bright. I have a week to get it done. My plan is: Monday, finish the second coat of blue and the 1st coat of yellow. Tuesday, the second coat of yellow and the 1st coat of red. I can't paint Wednesday because it is Young Womens night. Thursday, the 2nd coat of red and the trim. Friday I can touch up anything I missed and move everything back in. Saturday Amber and Ella come home and Ella can move into a freshly painted room.

I finished Amber's room two weeks ago. We did it in a grey/blue with white trim. Her bedding is white with a little blue on it. It is very pretty. If I can stand to do it, I'll paint the hall and kitchen walls before the end of February. Then I'll have painted the whole upstairs.

My bonus it supposed to be paid this week. I'm going to get new windows with it and am so very excited about it. If there is anything left over, I'd like new kitchen counters, too. We'll just have to see how the cost works out. Anyway, it will be very fun to be able to have windows that I can actually see through again. The seals have broken on all of them and they have moisture foggy up in between the two panes. I'm curious to see how it affects the heating and aircondition bill after getting the new windows in. We most likely lose a great deal of heat/cool air through the windows.

Anyway, I'll try to get pictures of the two bedrooms when I finish the painting.

3 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Cathy Lott said...

I am tired after reading all that you are doing. I have winter blahs and can't seem to do anything. I hope I get some motivation one of these days.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Amber Irvine said...

The rooms are both turning out so nicely and entirely due to my Mom's hard work! Yea for Mom's who paint while you are away!!!!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger kc and k said...

Keep up the good blogging. You need to add pictures because your painting and rooms are looking so good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home