Friday, November 10, 2006

Okay, I have tried a couple of times to update my blog, but either someone else is on the computer or I get interruptions or possibly, just possibly, I get too lazy to make the effort. This will be short, but short is better than never.

Last night I babysat Ella. She was very cute. Although she slept most of the time, she did wake up to eat once. She was quite cooperative that I had to heat up a bottle. After eating, she snuggled down in my arms, smiled contentedly and finally went back to sleep. Amber went to a movie with her friend, Susan. They saw Flicka and thought it was pretty good.

Work has been busy all week. I've accomplished a lot, but what gets done just gets replaced with something else. Kind of like laundry.

For Young Women's this week, we had a home-made soup dinner and then tied 5 baby quilts to donate to the women's shelter. I'm not sure the girls thoroughly enjoyed themselves, but they did it, anyway.

It has been raining a little this week with a 70% chance of rain on Saturday, which complicates my plans to work on finishing up the yard winterization. Last night when I came out of the building to go home from work, the eastern horizon was so incredibly beautiful it took my breath away. A dark, blue-black band of storm clouds lay very low over the foothills, with huge billowy clouds rising high into the sky above that were illuminated with the colors of the sunset on the western horizon. Tucked into the shallow where two mountains crossed each other was a small triangle of blue sky and white clouds. It was such a contrast to the storm clouds that it looked to be alien. In just seconds the sun had set enough that the entire horizon scene was changed and the moment gone. Still, it was such a beautiful moment. I was so glad I got to see it.

2 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger BrookandDBeckham said...

good job updating your blog.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Cathy Lott said...

I love those nature moments. It is like a burst of joy. They are usually very hard to describe, but I could picture it from your description.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home