FAREWELL 2006
As the hours creep tenaciously onward toward 2007, it boggles my mind that we have experienced yet another full year. The hub-bub of the turn of the century is still vividly in my mind and we are over half a decade past it already. The speed at which time passes is often overwheming to me. There is so much to be done and truly so little time. One resolution is striving for wisdom in determining the worthy projects from all the purely time consuming ones.
With each new year, I like to feel as though I'm starting fresh. One way I do this is to "spring" clean the house. Although the Christmas decorations have been delightful, putting them away and starting the new year with the floor space reclaimed is rewarding for me. This year I went one step further by not only putting the decorations away, but sorting through them and disposing of broken or unused items, thus condensing the storage boxes. We took advantage of the clearance sales and already purchases enough wrapping paper to meet next years needs. That has also been cleaned up and put neatly away.
Over the past three days, I have managed to go through nearly each room and, to one degree or another, decluttered. One major room remains -- the junk room. We will be starting that project tomorrow. Not long ago I did an overhaul in there, but have a new vision. We are going to try to organize Denny's stored photographs better and make room for a table that Amber and Kylene can use for their scrapbooking. A space on which they can leave their projects and return to them when they can without forfeiting sit down dinners. It will be very nice to have the cleaning finished when I return to work on Tuesday.
Being home for five days in a row has been heaven. It worked out perfectly. After three days of hard work, having Sunday to relax and recooperate before the BIG project room was a timely break. I must admit that I was quite completely worn out last night. I went to bed early and slept nearly 12 hours and still made it to church on time. Of course, church started at 11:00 a.m. Next Sunday we begin the 9:00 a.m. schedule. That is going to make for a very interesting schedule for Amber and Kylene. Ella isn't an early morning person and isn't used to getting up very early. It will be an adjustment for her.
We had a wonderful holiday. In fact, as I reminise about the past year, I must say it has been a very good year--two grandbabies born, and a wedding. Of course, we had problems along the way, but I cannot complain because we have enjoyed and experienced great, great blessings. Our family has truly been watched over, for which I am extremely grateful.
I hope this New Year brings joy, peace and blessings to each of you in all you do.

2 Comments:
Finally you updated. Hooray!
yes, hooray
Post a Comment
<< Home