Weekend Warrior
All week long I look forward to the weekend. When it finally arrives, I spend the time doing battle with my "to do" list. It hardly makes for a relaxed weekend. However, today I triumphantly crossed off one more item from the list. The restaining and sealing of the front door is completed. It looks quite nice (if I don't say so myself). Besides finishing the door, I did laundry, bought groceries, did a few errands, and helped B move a few boxes into her new apartment. Ky and B finished the moving today. Ky has pictures on her blog. I was very proud of them for doing all that work themselves. The aparment is up stairs, so it was not an easy task to carry heavy boxes and furniture up stairs. The space is going to be very nice when things are put away. It definitely has a nice, welcoming feel to it already.
D finished cutting the tree limbs which hung over the roof. We have had a dumpster in our driveway for a few weeks now, whcih has been filled not only with tree trimmings, but household stuff of which I have wanted to be rid. It's nice to have those chores done. You know, the ones that you keep thinking, I should do ..... Now they are done and I can move on. It is a nice feeling.
Sadly, the bird died. That poor creature must have been a 150 people years old. I grieved only a few moments, cold-hearted that I am, because I am well beyond the pet stage in my life. Poor thing only just sat there all day, anyway. Now it can fly freely in the heavens with other birds.
A and I tried out our new pilates program. A did well, but I was rather entertaining to say the least. My little body just doesn't want to move much anymore. Still, I'm going to try to keep at it so I can get some strength back - hopefully.

1 Comments:
Good job on getting another list item accomplished. You are very good at achieving your goals!! What a good example you are.
I can't believe the bird died. It won't be the same without it. But like you said, its in a better place.
I'm glad you're blogging. Since I'm not around much, I miss your newsletter. But, the blog's nice.
Post a Comment
<< Home