Painting's Done

After two vacation days completely filled with painting, the livingroom painting project is completed. Actually, it was finished a couple of weeks ago. I just have not updated my blog for a while. We failed to take a before picture, but I believe most of you remember what the room looked like--white walls, maroon floralish sofa and loveseat. This is what it looks like now.
When I painted, I took down the drapes and took them to be cleaned. On the appointed day, I went to pick them up and they were not there. Basically, they lost them. Saturday they telephone and had found them. AFter work today I stopped and got them and rehung them. The room is officially finished now.
Denny got home from his photo trip. He had fun. A huge storm the week prior to their trip washed out many of the roads into places they wanted to visit, so they had to be flexible on what they did. Still they had a good time and saw a lot of cool things. I haven't seen his photos yet. He just brought them home tonight.
Saturday I worked very hard in the garden clearing out the spent plants. I picked the remaining tomatoes, squash, carrots and onions. Then I put up the boxes and roto-tilled the whole plot. The tilled earth smelled so nice. Now it looks clean and ready for winter. There is still much to do in the yard, but the rest will be for another Saturday.
I also swept out the garage. Caitlin and Ryan had been sanding their dresser out there and I had been cutting wood so there was sawdust and dust everywhere. It looks better, but still needs a good vacumming. The patio was swept, too. I cleaned up the sand that Codus had scattered about in his attempts to help me in the backyard. He pushes a rock around (and hence sand) each time I go out there to work. Anyway, the patio looked clean for a day. This morning it was covered with more leaves--the hazzard of fall.
The ground was wet when we woke this morning. I love an autumn rain. The colors are so vibrant after a rain. Especially so when the leaves are every shade of yellow, gold and red. It was still cloudy when the work day was over, but no additional rain...yet.

5 Comments:
I guess if people don't remember what it looked like, they can come to my apartment since I have all the old stuff. Good job on your living room mom.
Way to be so continuously hard working! You have made the house and yard look so much better! I appreciate anyone who enjoys working in the yard because it is pure torture for me! Kudos to you!!!
Oh, I love it!
lookin good!
Yes, I love it too!! Way to go! You are an inspiration!
Post a Comment
<< Home